Saturday, March 03, 2007

Of Roses, new hairstyle and storms

I am thankful for many things from this past week. God is Good!
  • Our roses are planted....and I have noticed new growth starting on some of them.
  • Trying out a new hairstyle, and getting some positive feedback!
  • Safety during the wild weather in our area on Thursday. I had to work that day which made it very interesting to say the least. We were under a Tornado watch for most of the time I was at work, but all we got was heavy rain, PTL. And thankfully when I left at 10 that night to come home, even though I got soaked getting to the car, the rain lightened up enough so that I didn't have much of a problem getting home.
  • From my desk at work I can look out our big front window and enjoy seeing Forsythia blooming!
  • Surviving a staff meeting at work this morning, starting at 8. Sigh. But, it was the only time my manager could get us all together to go over some issues. We are open 7 days a week, and usually during staff meetings one or two people are busy up front. But, on Saturdays since we don't open until 10, everyone could be there. At least now I can relax and enjoy the rest of my Sabbath.
  • Spending time shopping with my daughter.
  • Celebrating my s0n-in-law's birthday at a nice local eatery. Good breakfast and conversation!
  • Hubby having a good appointment with his endocrinologist. (IE, his diabetic Dr.)
  • Watching a mocking bird enjoy the suet I put out this week. A friend gave me a suet feeder and some suet to see if I could attract more birds. At least the mocking bird is enjoying it!
  • Very thankful that the Lord gives us wisdom and direction. So many times this week I cried out for understanding and wisdom to know what to do...in things little as well as big. And He faithfully guided and led, and worked out details and attitudes. He is good.
  • Discovering dark chocolate covered Altoids. Oh, my.... yummy.

1 comment:

drewey fern said...

I can't wait to see this new hairstyle! And I just discovered chocolate covered altoids too... what a great discovery!