Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Service Engine Soon

Last Friday when I started our car to head out for work, this warning light stayed lit. Oh, dear. Now what do I do. There really wasn't time to do much at that point, or I would be late to work. But, driving home after 10 at night would not be a good time to have car trouble. So, I prayed. And, the Lord brought peace that it was OK to keep going...after all, it just said "soon"...not immediately. So, off I went, didn't fret about it at work, and got safely home that night.
But then I started imagining all sorts of horrible reasons why that light was on, all involving lots of money, going with out a car for days, etc. At that point the Lord reminded me that it was His car, and He had abundant resources to care for the need. Again, an incredible peace came over my spirit.
Tuesday hubby took the car in to our local friendly auto "fix-it" guy. He hooked the car up to his computer to figure out what the problem was and found.........the gas cap was loose. What??? Yup, the light came on because yours truly had not completely tightened the gas cap the last time she got gas! Oh, my....blush. But at least hubby had a good time visiting with the auto "fix-it" guy, as well as J.. A....... who stopped in at the same time.
Also, there was no charge to dispense this diagnosis. What a blessing!
Note to self: Please tighten gas cap securely ...at least 3 clicks. OK self, will do.

2 comments:

Booker said...

Don't you hate that feeling of complete "I don't understand what is going on, is the world going to end" feeling when it comes to dealing with cars? Sometimes I wish I had been born a mechanic...

KJ said...

Hehehe... I few days after I read this, I heard a commercial on the radio for On-Star and the woman had her "check engine" light on and the problem was her gas cap was loose! What are the odds? :)