Saturday, February 10, 2007

Reflecting on blessings...

Sometimes it is so easy when reflecting back on a week to remember the hard things- they are always there! But, the Lord does richly bless us in so many ways, it brings fresh courage when we take extra time to reflect on the good things.

My list for this week:
  • Hubby's delicious vegetable soup that he made for dinner last night. He is such a good cook! It is so much fun to see what he comes up with each week.
  • Sunshine today after rain yesterday.
  • Three days of work. And going through the roller coaster of emotions on Monday when I was informed in the morning that because of reducing the hours that the clinic was open I would no longer be needed for my usual 10 hours on Thursdays. But, then in the afternoon, we were told that the hours were going back to the old schedule , and that I would still be needed on Thursdays!
  • Dark chocolate M & M's
  • Having it warm enough on Wednesday to sit outside to eat my lunch and read for awhile. What refreshment that brought! I loved listening to the birds and enjoying the fresh smells in the air. Spring is coming.
  • Pretty pink blossoms on our flowering cherry tree.
  • Special encouragement at church last Sunday to "Sail On". In other words, don't quit, keep on going on. I have been blessed all week long as I have reflected on that message, and finding blessing in going on.
  • Enjoying hot drinks yesterday as it turned colder again.
  • Knowing that despite the differences in temperatures outside, whether it is hot or cold, the Lord stays the same, constant and loving and in control. I am so grateful for His steady faithfulness.

1 comment:

drewey fern said...

Amen! I, too, rejoice in His faithfulness. Thanks for another great list!