Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The strange workings of this female mind....

This morning I decided it was high time to clean my oven. I hadn't done it since we moved in nearly a year and a half ago, and I noticed over the weekend that it was starting to look dirty!

Since it is warm enough outside to have windows open, and since Hubby was going to be gone for awhile and thus would not have to endure the odors that didn't waft out the windows, it seemed like a very appropriate time to get the job over with. So, I went to my files to get the instructions for the stove so that I could figure out which buttons I should push etc. I did realize I could figure this out by myself, but it would be so much easier with clear instructions. But, when I looked in the "S" file for stove, lo and behold, the instruction booklet was not there.

Then I figured that maybe I had filed it with some of the other instructions. I looked under dryer, washer, freezer, refrigerator, dishwasher...no stove appeared. By this time I figured maybe I was losing my sanity. I KNEW I had the instructions when we first moved into this place. So, I started thumbing threw different places in the files...and stumbled accross, in the "G" section, the instructions to my stove! I never would have thought to look there! ( to sort of justify myself, the booklet did say "gas range", so that is why I labeled the folder as such and put it there. But why I thought that was a logical label......I will never know.)

The folder with that booklet is now safely labled as stove, and filed appropriately. Sigh.....And, the oven is being cleaned as I write. And the fresh air coming in the open windows is wonderful.

1 comment:

Booker said...

don't you just hate it when you can't figure out your "previous" logic?

glad it is all working out now though...