Saturday, March 24, 2007

Of Azalea's, BBQ's and Spring

Our azalea's have been extra lovely this year...course this is only the second year we have seen them....but who is counting. This one that is just outside our kitchen window is a joy to look at.
Other blessings of the week:
  • Enjoying grilling again. I haven't done much for several years and it is a delight to get back into it again. (and for the splendid expertise of our daughter who assembled the new grill for us...as well as delivered it to us. Thanks Penny.)
  • Besides my usual Thursday stint at work I picked up two more days...or to be more precise half days. And I find that half days of working only 4 and 1/2 hours is much easier than 10 hour days. Hmm....
  • Going out to dinner at Cracker Barrel with hubby this week. An unexpected treat.
  • Some good telephone chats with my mother...and looking forward to seeing her in April.
  • Spending some time enjoying the company of Phoebe...our "granddog".
  • Reveling in spring. The air smells so good, the birds are singing, it is not too hot or humid yet, the flowers are blooming, there are buds on one of our roses....the list could go on. God is indeed Good.

2 comments:

Booker said...

Yay for grilling! Not a griller myself, but I sure do appreciate it when others do it :-)

Cara said...

I'm the grill queen of the family. I love doing it, but eating it is definitely the best! Wish we could be grilling here up North!