Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Overflowing Jam Jar

After reading a friend's (aka niece's) blog this morning about the abundance of her jam jar, I was greatly encouraged to take a better look at the state of my own chipped jam jar.

I was sort of thinking that my poor old chipped jar was way less than half full and leaking out at a very rapid rate- my husband has not felt well this week, I have had no phone call back from my job interview, I only had cow birds at my feeder, etc, etc. etc. whine, whine, whine.

Then I started thinking about things a little differently, and realized that my own chipped jam jar is so full it is overflowing.

  • I had the joy this morning of planting some creeping phlox in my "Jan Garden"
  • There were two mourning doves feeding on the ground outside my bay window in the breakfast nook- enjoying the seeds that those stupid cow birds knocked off, so maybe they aren't so bad after all. It was such a pretty sight to enjoy watching them as they poked around beside azelea's and pansies that are blooming so profusely at the moment.
  • We had wonderful freinds from NH pop in for a visit this morning. Yeah!
  • We had dinner last evening with my father in law, my daughter in law, and my son outside on the wonderful and nicely decorated deck of my daughter's home.
  • It is now warm enough so that I can enjoy eating lunch out on our patio.
  • There was a red-winged blackbird on mybird feeder this morning.
  • We have lots of meadowlarks on our back lawn several times a day. What a lovely bird to see up close.
  • And the list goes on and on. My heart is full of thanksgiving for His wonderful goodness. Thanks Lori for reminding me to count my blessings. They are truly abundant.