Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Job Interview

I did something today I haven't done for quite some time. I actually went on a job interview.

Nearly a month ago I applied on line for a part time job here in McD. It sounded perfect for me, but so much time has gone by I figured they must have found somebody else, so I have been continuing to look, passing out resumes, eagerly seraching all the want ads etc.

So far, not one response, call back, or any other kind of acknowledgment that anybody received my information,let alone read any of it. If these people only knew what a wonderful prospective employee they were ignoring!

So imagine my surprise when I got a call this morning to go in for an interview to the place I had applied to a month ago! And, could I please come in an hour??? Sure,...um... no problem... I will be there. The first thing I had to do was scrub all the red dirt off my hands - I had been happily weeding away in the back yard, and was nicely covered with lovely red dirt/clay.

I pulled out my "interview outfit", breathed a thankful prayer to the Lord that on Monday I had actually on the spur of the moment bought a pair of dressy black shoes, and hustled out the door. I arrived at my destination in less than 15 minutes, made it through the interview, and am more convinced that the job would be perfect for me. She promised she would call, so now I continue to wait and trust that the Lord will open it up for me, if that is what He wants.

One never know what will come into the day!

Updates to follow!!!

5 comments:

Brad said...

Sounds promising! Keep us posted.

pennyjean said...

Woohoo!

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Come-a-ty-yi-yippie-yippie-yo...

ljm said...

For a second, I thought you had applied for a part time job at McDonalds--before I realized what you meant!

Kristi said...

Yeah, the McDonald's thing popped through my head, too. Hooray for Auntie! Hope you get the job!