Saturday, May 12, 2007

Things to be Thankful for...

  • Enjoying an inner chuckle when someone asked me this week if New Hampshire was up there near Maryland.
  • Three days of work this week.
  • Being tired. That means I had things to do, and was busy, and now it is OK to be tired and to have a lovely chance to rest.
  • Getting new shoes for work. I figured that coming home from work with very sore feet, and having them ache for a good part of the night afterwards was just the way things were. Then, I got new shoes. Expensive new shoes. Comfortable new shoes. My goodness. What a difference. Thank you Lord for Merrill shoes.
  • Coming home from work on Wednesday to discover that hubby and Penny had hung my new mirror over the fireplace. I will have to confess it took me awhile to notice it, but what a fun surprise.
  • Agreeing to work for a few hours at another facility for the company I work for. I do not do well in new circumstances, but this place is between receptionists, and the manager was feeling overwhelmed. So, as a favor to my boss I agreed to do it. And, I ended up doing computer work in a nice quiet office by myself, and it was wonderful. Thank you Lord for helping me to step out and do something out of my comfort zone. (Again)
  • Having hubby pick me up at work the last two nights and being willing to wait as we closed late both nights. And the nice conversations we had on the way home sharing our days experiences.
  • Hubby fixing dinner for me on Wednesday....by taking me out to eat.
  • Knowing that the Lord hears our cries and that He answers. I am so grateful for the answers He has brought this past week.

1 comment:

ljm said...

I've run into several people out here who aren't too sure of NH's location either...funny!