Saturday, May 19, 2007

Thankful for ....

I am so thankful that the Lord gives us the ability to enjoy things...especially His incredible creation. I have been getting such joy watching birds this week. Those tiny little hummers...this morning one was just sitting on the feeder for the longest time and I got so much blessing just taking time to watch him.
And, our little mockingbird family...we found out there are actually 3 babies, not 2. I feel quite honored that the mama feels safe enough in our back yard that she is bringing her family to enjoy it. She is acting like a typical frazzled overworked mother as she tries to watch them, feed them suet, catch worms for them, and in general training them in the way they should go.
And then there are the house finches, the gold finches, the meadowlarks, the red-winged blackbirds...what joy there is in seeing these all these birds. He is indeed Good.
Other thankfuls:
  • Successfully doing nearly 30 hours of work this week, in 3 days. The Lord really helped and answered prayer as Wednesday looked big to me. I worked until 10 PM both Monday and Tuesday, and then needed to be at work by 8:30 AM on Wednesday. I prayed, He heard and answered, and really blessed the day for me so that it went much better than it could have.
  • Finding some neat candlesticks for our mantel, painting them, and now enjoying the look, and enjoying the candles burning for awhile this morning.
  • Lovely weather...not too hot or humid this past week. Perfect weather for being outside.
  • Using my new grass clippers. It was actually fun to get out and do some trimming that needed to be done.
  • Enjoying our healthy looking rose bushes. I am thankful the Lord created roses! We are still learning how to take care of them in a different climate but it is sure a fun project to be working on. Worth all the effort.
  • Finding chocolate creme horns on sale at the store this week. I didn't even know they had the chocolate ones!
  • Continually being reminded that I can indeed trust my Heavenly Father. I don't have to understand, or like what is going on, but I can trust Him. I am safe in the shelter of His wings, and He is lovingly watching out for - and meeting - my every need.

3 comments:

Booker said...

You have the craziest work schedule! Glad God can take you through it. I'd go nuts.

Good Sabbath :-)

drewey fern said...

Hurrah for beautiful birds! I saw a Baltimore Oriole recently and it was stunning. It's true that God's creation really does turn our attention toward Him.

pennyjean said...

You've been "tagged!" Com see my blog for details!