Saturday, May 31, 2008

A few more Thankfuls....

More Thankfuls for this week:
  • Sitting at the breakfast table enjoying humming birds drinking from our feeder. I get so much joy watching those tiny little wonders.
  • Having my Father-in-law end his hospital stay on Wednesday. He was able to go home, complete with a new pacemaker. And, now he can roam the neighborhood again, and visit with all of his friends.
  • Enjoying looking up into our Crepe Myrtle tree this week and spying a nest...complete with a Mama House Finch sitting quietly in it...
  • Doing a first for me...mowing our lawn! (Only the next time I will wear gloves. For some reason I ended up with a blister!) It is very satisfying to look out this morning and see a nicely groomed lawn. Nicely mowed, and freshly fed with weed and feed.
  • Surviving two 11 hour days at work this week. It never ceases to amaze me some of the interesting scenarios that crop up during the day. At least it doesn't get boring. And, I am very thankful for the work.
  • Smiling as I looked out to see a male House Finch trying to drink from the hummingbird feeder. He really couldn't reach the syrup, but he sure did try.
  • Enjoying freshly grilled chicken.
  • Making bowls for taco salad, using flour tortilla's. Fun. And easy. And yummy.
  • Playing games with friends on Facebook.
  • Discovering that I really do enjoy Crossword puzzles. I have avoided them for years, and it has been a deligtful surprise to find out how much fun they are. (OK, just easy ones, but still...fun.)
  • Fresh courage from the Lord...to keep going...one day at a time...one step at a time.
  • Enjoying a tasty mint mocha frappachino...from a local coffee spot that starts with S.....

No comments: