Sunday, May 11, 2008

Of Mother's Day, Orchids and things

I am thankful for my Mother..and I am grateful that I was able to spend a week with her recently when she was ill. It is hard to live so far away.

And, I am thankful I was able to have a telephone conversation with her this afternoon, and that she was alert and able to talk and listen. She is an amazing 98 year old lady. And, I am grateful to the Lord that He gave me the mother He did.

Other thankfuls:

  • A lovely orchid from my children for Mother's day. (I have been trying in vain to upload a picture of it, in all of it's glory, but have had no success after multiple tries.)
  • Being taken out to breakfast on Friday by my wonderful family, in honor of Mother's day.
  • Lovely rain last night.
  • Time spent with Aiden last week. What a joy it is to be the recipient of his smiles!
  • Getting in an extra 10 hours of work last week.
  • Knowing that the Lord is Good, that He is in control, and that I can trust Him.
  • Time and supplies to be putting together a Scrapbook of the trip to Washington for Dennis' and Kristi's wedding. Fun.
  • Enjoying fresh roses in my yard, and being able to pick them to put around the house.
  • A vase of Cecil Bruner roses from my daughter this morning. I love those little roses!

No comments: