Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Of yard work and heat and things.

The last couple of mornings I have had the "fun" of going out to do some yard work...while it is still cool. I think "cool" is relative. When I came back insie this mornng, our indoor/outdoor thermometer read 100....course it is getting the full sun this time of morning, but still...you get the picture.

Yesterday I mowed our lawn...probably the second time in my life I have done that. The first was a couple of weeks ago. This time went easier, and I am finding I actually enjoy doing it. Great exercise. Never know what new "hobbies" I will start next. Guess you can always teach the "old dog" new tricks.

This morning I had the fun of transplanting some petunias. Last summer I bought one plant and it took over, seeding itself etc. Great fun. Well, it died in the frost this past winter, so I got a new pink petunia for this year. Well, to my delightful surprise the new little ones from the old plant stared popping up, so when I pulled out the dying pansies this morning, I was able to put some cute little white petunia plants in the pansy pot. They seem to thrive in the heat here, unlike the pansies.

Now I can relax a bit and enjoy the cool house....and be grateful our A/C works. Last week it didnt' for a few hours, but the repairman came out fairly quickly and fixed a simple problem. PTL for a/c repairmen.

No comments: