Saturday, June 21, 2008

In everything give thanks....

This has been a week of up's and down's...but I am being reminded of the importance of being thankful for His blessings and help even in the middle of hard things. God is good...all of the time.
Thankful for the following:
  • We have a new water pump in our car. It no longer makes this weird squeal type noise.
  • We got a lovely inside/outside car wash/cleaning along with our oil change this week.
  • We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary this week.
  • I worked 3 days this week.
  • It is raining this morning
  • The grass is growing slower...I didn't have to mow this week.
  • My father-in-law was given a nice big piece of cake for lunch yesterday on his 85th birthday. At the hosptal. In the emergency room. And he was somehow able to make them understand he did not want chocolate cake. This latest stroke has affected his speech which makes it very difficult for him to communicate, so we are praying for healing and help for him.
  • We were able to get a nice four generation picture of my Father-in-law, hubby, son and grandson on Father's day.
  • Ladies Bible Study and sharing insights from James 5. And, enjoying grapes and lemon squares as we visited afterwards.
  • Lunch at Olive Garden.
  • Knowing that I can go to Him and find rest...and peace....and all that I need...all of the time.

No comments: