Sunday, June 10, 2007

Of Hawks, Swallows, and 12 hour work days...

I am thankful that I don't work 12 hour days very often. I did yesterday. I was filling in for a co-worker who had a family emergency, and was glad to help her out. Even so, I prayed that the day would be an easy one. I am very thankful that it was a quiet, basically uneventful day. Except for the one hour when we had a little excitement. Suffice it to say that there was an ambulance and 2 police cars outside our building for awhile.
Other thankfuls:
  • Being outside at just the right moment one evening last week so that I could watch a flock of swallows dive bomb a hawk. This poor, defenseless big hawk was huddled on a fence trying to protect himself from an attacking army of tiny birds. He finally flew away trying to escape but the whole flock followed continuing the attack. Was interesting to watch!
  • Enjoying our roses.
  • Warm weather...um, maybe hot would be a better word to describe it.
  • Being one of the Redeemed. I am so grateful for the Lord's mercy and love and forgiveness.
  • A wonderful series at Church about the faithful work of the dear Holy Spirit. What a blessing and encouragement these lessons have been.
  • A few rain showers this week.
  • Protection driving home after 10 at night. Not something I enjoy doing, and I did it twice last week.

No comments: