Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Anniversary to us.

34 years ago today hubby and I got married. Wow. Where has the time gone. I am so grateful for all the seasons of life we have traveled together, and for the Lord's help through the storms, and for the many blessings He has brought into our lives. And, for bringing us together in the first place.
And, my heart is full of praise for blessings from this past week:
  • Once again having the painting team of Katie and Penny and their able assistants work their magic in our home. Now our living and dining room are a lovely pale green. Such a delight! They did a great job. And, it was a huge job to tackle. Thank you!
  • Having the Lord's help at work. I realized that out of the last 10 days, I have worked 8, for a total of 60 hours. And, four of those days I only worked 5 hours. Made for some long days.
  • Going out to eat at a new place last night...hubby got chicken, I got salmon, and it was wonderful. I even got dessert. Fried cheesecake-cubes of cheesecake, dipped in crushed granola, flash fried, and served in a goblet with strawberry sauce and whipped cream. That was so good.
  • Enjoying several rain storms this week. We had a severe thunderstorm one evening that was so incredibly beautiful to watch. Lots of sheet lightning, heavy winds etc. I was thankful I was safe inside my house and didn't have to be out in it.
  • Once again the Lord has protected my mother. She fell again yesterday afternoon, but only sprained her ankle. Could have been much worse. She did end up going to the hospital for x-rays, but they found no broken bones so I am very grateful.
Life with God is indeed good.

2 comments:

Booker said...

Congrats on those 34 years!

Kristi said...

Happy Anniversary!!