Saturday, April 21, 2007

Of roses and things

My thankfuls for this past week include this lovely rose. I missed seeing our first rose of the season bloom as I was up in the snowy, flooding north, but this was waiting for me when I got home. So lovely.
Other thankfuls for the last week or two:
  • Learning that it is wise to listen when the Lord prompts you to weigh your suitcase before heading to the airport. That saves the embarrassment of having them tell you your suitcase is 5 pounds overweight after you get to the airport. (I ended up having to carry that extra 5 pounds around in my carry on stuff. Ugh)
  • Enjoying warmer temps now that I am home.
  • Grateful for the Lord's protection in the snow and flooding while I was north.
  • Enjoying the CD player in my rental car last weekend. Kristi's first CD was a big blessing from the airport to Fairwood, and her second CD from Fairwood to the airport. The joy of music. (And "traveling with Kristi". Thanks Kristi for being such a good travel companion.)
  • Having hubby go grocery shopping with me this week.
  • Enjoying looking at all the pictures that I took last weekend. What a special group of ladies.
  • Enjoying a lovely view from the plane of Washington DC. Was so neat to see the White House, the Washington monument, the museums, the capitol, and of course the train station.
  • Knowing that my friend Dorothy is safely home with her Lord Jesus.
  • Learning in more specific ways that I can indeed fully trust my Heavenly Father.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed my company, even if the "fellowship" was so one sided! :-)

KJ said...

And another thankful is for YOU!! Happy Birthday! Trust you have a good one and a God-blessed year ahead!

drewey fern said...

OOOOH! I'm thankful for you TOO! It was so wonderful to see you again. Happy Birthday!!! I love you:)

Aaron said...

Happy birthday!

lis said...

Happy birthday and much love to a classy lady!

<3