Monday, April 09, 2007

Hummingbirds

Last year was our first summer here and for various reasons I did not put up a humming bird feeder. This year figured I would give it a try. So, for several weeks I have been faithfully putting fresh sugar water in my new feeder every few days and keeping it clean. I have enjoyed seeing it hang there outside the window...but so far no sightings.....until tonight.

We had just sat down to eat dinner and hubby announced "hummingbird". Sure enough! There he was, that wonderful tiny bundle of beauty gratefully drinking sweet water from his new found supply. Wow. My response was, "Thank You Father".

Then, as we continued to eat our dinner, we enjoyed some mocking birds, a pair of mourning doves (have you ever really looked at the incredible colors on those birds???), and of course a meadowlark. All right outside our window.

God is good...and I am so thankful that I can enjoy His incredible creation. And for the variety of birds he brings to our window.

1 comment:

drewey fern said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got a hummingbird! They are such amazing creatures.