Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Home Again

I just spent a few days in lovely New England, visiting with my mother and attending a wonderful Women's Retreat. You will notice from the picture that I was able to have the pleasure of "enjoying" snow. Yes, this is what it looked like outside on Sunday afternoon.

Course by Monday morning it was all melted, and I just had to deal with rain...lots of rain....and more rain...which made for flooded roads. For awhile I wondered if I might be stuck for days at the nursing home where my mother lives. But, the Lord is faithful, and I did manage to find that the roads were passable, even if I did have to drive through water a couple of times and make a detour along the way. Made for something interesting to talk about anyway.

And, I am thankful that I can still trust the Lord...even when the weather is not perfect. He sent grace and peace and help so that I was able to accomplish all that I needed to while I was north. I was able to spend some good long hours with my mother, and to get refreshed and encouraged with all the good fellowship and meetings at the Retreat. So, the Lord's timing was perfect for the trip, even with the weather. I made it safely there, and safely home again. God is good.

1 comment:

Booker said...

He IS good, isn't He? :-)