Thursday, November 30, 2006

Too Happy...........

Yesterday was a typical busy morning at work. Let me amend that...a busier day than usual. Phones ringing, people standing in line at the counter waiting to be paid attention to, a man there training us on the "new" software update on the main computer program we use ( it was installed in August), and to top of this excitement, there were 3 men wandering in and out of the office testing the fire alarm system. The system main board is right above the copier that gets used constantly which resulted in a certain amount of having to sharing space that was at a premium. And, every few minutes the strobe lights would go off, the alarm sound etc, as they tested each and every alarm station in the building. (This testing went on for well over an hour.)

Anyway, we were dealing with all of this stress in our usual way, which often involves humor, cheerfulness, and a general upbeat attitude. That was when our manager cheerfully informed us that somebody had actually written to her complaining that her staff was too happy.

What????? Too happy????

I think that I am very thankful that I work in a place where somebody observes that we are happy. Says a lot about the group that I am working with. Again, I rejoice in the Lord's wisdom in placing me in that position.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

What a great insult! :)