Saturday, July 22, 2006

First Week at My New Job

They say the first week at a new job is always the hardest. So, I have lived through the first week! I am sure it will get easier, and I will be more relaxed when I go back in on Monday. And, I am amazed at what I have learned already.

Monday was my first day, and was just orientation. A day full of policies, rules, etc. We even had to practice with fire extinguishers! And they carefully went over the dress code. (If you think the dress code at F......... is hard you should see this one! Absolutely no denim at any time is one of the rules!) They did give us lunch brought in from Chick-Fil-A which was yummy and a definate plus for a day that was not very exciting.

Then Tuesday and Thursday I spent at the clinic observing, and doing some simple things, and finding I really love it! It is good to be back doing something in the medical field. And it is such a bonus to not have a long commute to work. The Lord is good.

Thanks for all your prayers.

3 comments:

hesper48 said...

Hooray for the job! I rejoice with you! Dress codes. . .don't get me going. We definitely don't have much of one here compared to what a lot of people have. Downright sloppy is what I calls it! Not that I think we should bar all denim. . .but as a culture we have forgotten what is refined and honoring to God in many areas. This is a matter of personal opinion I realize and a "hot topic" in some circles as "Dear Abby" in a recent publication will attest to!

lis said...

Hooray for the first week over and happier times ahead.

Everybody has a dress code...right? I mean, why else do all secular Israeli girls wear the same style of jeans and tank tops? Or NYC teens? Or?

:O)

ljm said...

I'm so glad you found a job you are happy with...hope this week went as well!