Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Marvelous Sounds of Trains

Now, I understand that not all will agree with that title. But, I was realizing recently how very much I am enjoying the Marvelous Sounds of Trains. (Seriously)
We live less than a mile from a very heavily used mainline. I am guessing there must be between 50 and 100 trains that most likely use it during a 24 hour period. And, I love to hear them! I love the sounds of the engine, the cars rattling over the tracks, the whistle that blows, especially in the middle of the night! Nights are the best time to hear all the sounds, and it is so comforting to hear that wonderful whistle.
Maybe it is because of the train trips we have been on, and I associate all the sounds with what we heard when we were riding the trains. Maybe it is because of the influence of a certain somebody in my life who has expressed a casual interest in trains one or two times in the past. I don't really know the reason. But, I just want it to be known, I really like the sound of trains!
And, I think that it was wonderful of the Lord to put us in a house where we can hear them so clearly, all day long! So, PTL for the Marvelous Sounds of Trains.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Your hubby sure married the right woman! Imagine his misery if he had married someone who hated the sound of trains!

We hear trains nearby occasionally and I sort of enjoy the sound.

Booker said...

Glad YOU enjoy it :-)

and my wident was
tpfmkayw

that is almost as long as my original comment, lol...

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Thet certain somebody in your life sez AMEN!!!

CKS said...

I wonder if you'd like it as much if you lived 50 yards from the tracks like I did in CT for a year (was it even that far, I wonder?)

BUT I must hasten to say it was no time before I hardly noticed the house shaking. But a year later I heard a train randomly and was flooded with memories...funny how sound triggers corners of your brain unexpectedly.

lis said...

So glad you get to enjoy that sound!

Hey, do you remember our little yellow house by the railroad tracks in Morgan Hill? Perhaps that would be just a little too much train music for you...

Mrs. RF said...

Lis- yes I do remember that house. That might be even a little too close for me!

Kim- I agree- sounds like you might be working much to close to really enjoy the noise.

Asaphat- yup- doesn't take long to have the noise really blocked out!

ljm said...

I remember being able to hear the train whistle at night when we lived in that area..I liked it.