Sunday, February 10, 2008

Of Bible Verses, Bluebirds, and Stress.....

Another week.

I am tired.

But, I am still so very thankful for the Lord's many blessings, and the ways He constantly encourages us, and meets our needs.

My thankfuls:
  • A special verse that the Lord gave me in the middle of the night one night last week. I was feeling extra tired and stressed, and crying out for help. He woke me up with "My Grace is sufficient for you." Amen.
  • Seeing a bluebird on our cherry tree on Thursday morning. He stayed awhile so I could admire him.
  • Changes and stress at work. Yes, I guess I am thankful for the stress. It does draw me closer to the Lord, and makes me realize I can't do things by myself. And, creature of habit that I am, I do know that changes are good. And, I am thankful for the Lord's help up to date with the changes that have happened, and that will continue to happen for awhile. At least my new schedule has me working shorter days! 5 hours one day, and 7 another. So, two shorter days a week instead of one long. That will be a blessing. And, I will end up with a few more hours on each paycheck.
  • Seeing a forsythia bush starting to blossom. There are several bushes at work that I can see from where I sit, and it was with great joy that I noticed the blossoms yesterday. Helped me get through my 12 hour day.
  • Hubby's expertise in fixing dinner on Friday.
  • Enjoying having hubby take me to work, and having him waiting for me when I come out at 10 PM, or 10:15, or .....

No comments: