Saturday, September 02, 2006

Another Week Finished

My Thankfuls for this past week:
  • A very stressful week has been completed.
  • Actually having two days off in the middle of the week- what luxery! I was fighting a sore throat/cold, so it felt really good to not have to struggle with work for those two days.
  • The joy of a cloudy cooler morning so that I could enjoy my Wisteria scented YC - it has been awhile since I burned it - it smells so good!
  • Two-yes, two- Krispy Kreme creme filled chocolate iced donuts for breakfast this morning.
  • Living near a Cracker Barrel restaurant/gift shop.
  • Enjoying small portions of Psalms, and meditating on a few verses. Sometimes I tend to take in too much of His Word at once, so it has been a great joy to stay focused on just a phrase or two
  • Actually having a whole hour for lunch yesterday and having it cool enough to sit in my car, eat lunch, and enjoy reading a book in the peace and quiet.
  • Finding out about a marvelous coffee shop and enjoying the same with my daughter. Three cheers for iced mocha latte with raspberry flavor.
  • Realizing that it is possible we will be able to go to NH the end of this month. (Even if it will be much colder than I am used to at the moment!)
  • Enjoying "color week" on various blogs- so much fun.
  • Rejoicing that in spite of what I have read on a couple of other blogs, I have as yet to see a cockroach since we moved south. If I found one in my shoe as somebody I know did, the scream would be heard for many miles I am sure.

6 comments:

drewey fern said...

I love the Cracker Barrel!

I love the Psalms in small bits!

I love the marvelous coffee shop (assuming it's the same one I went to)!

I LOVE that you might be coming to NH!

I LOVE YOU!

lis said...

Praying for your Monday morning!

Cara said...

That latte sounds DELICIOUS!

Loreo said...

Would it be a scream heard round the world?

Mrs. RF said...

Loreo- probably!

Booker said...

the cockroach comment made me snicker :-)