Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sabbath Thankfuls

  • I am so thankful for a day of rest. After a busy week, it is such a blessing to be able to slow down and take it easy. God is good.
  • I am thankful for the reality of the truth. Isaiah 41:10 has been so precious to me this week. I need have no fear, and He is with me, strengthening me where I need it. This verse has meant so much to me in the past, and it is so awesome to have it all fresh and new and alive again this week. God is good.
  • I am thankful for a cat who loves to sit in my lap and purr his little heart out in his contentment to be with me. And that he puts up with my combing his fur- actually seems to love it! It amazes me how much hair I can get with a few swipes of the comb!
  • I am thankful that the one computer program at work that seemed to be stumping my intelligence (or lack thereof), finally clicked this week. (hubby did some extra praying, and the Lord graciously answered)
  • I am thankful for some lovely colors in the morning sky yesterday. God is good to give us such incredible colors to enjoy.
  • I am thankful for blogs which help me to keep in touch with friends and relatives that I love. I enjoy hearing about escapades on roller coasters, camping trips, whale watching, bowling and all the other wonderful things that appear. (I won't try to give examples from everyone or this would never end! But I do read many blogs!)
  • I am thankful for a wonderful Christian lady at work - I really enjoy working with her.
  • I am thankful for supplies to make cards with - it is a great stress reliever to sit and relax and design some new cards, and then make them.
  • I am thankful for the Lord's love and forgiveness and mercy.