Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Following directions

We planted a couple of rose bushes several months ago, and have been enjoying the blossoms, but noticed that they were not really very healthy looking. I have been faithfully applying a powerful, (and expensive) 3 in l plant food/insect control/disease control product, so I wasn't sure why they continued to be not very healthy, and why the Japanese Beetles were enjoying them as their primary food source.
Well, this morning when I went out to feed them, I figured maybe I better reread the directions. Sigh....I had been using 2 Tablespoons per 1 gallon of water- the directions said 4 Tablespoons per 1 quart of water. I was undertreating the poor babies! How humbling. Now, I am sure I read those directions way back months ago, and thought I was doing the right thing. Guess it is important to keep rereading the directions and make sure I am doing what I need to do.

Sort of like continuing to reread the directions my Heavenly Father gives to me and to not proudly assume that I remember what it said several months ago.

2 comments:

Loreo said...

Amen now.

drewey fern said...

Good application, Mrs. P! I have been recently thinking about the same kind of thing: how I need God every hour!