Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Lost is Found

For several years we have enjoyed a lovely prism hanging in our kitchen window. We have had the pleasure of enjoying many rainbows splashed all over the walls etc, and it has been a source of much joy. The fact that said prism was a gift from an illustrious FBI grad of several years past made it even more special.

Well, about a week ago, Max decided that he needed it in his business. I came out one morning to find that it was no longer hanging at the end of it's lovely purple ribbon, up on one of our bay windows. I found the ribbon, the pin that was holding the prism, but alas, no prism. It was with great sadness that I relegated the ribbon, the suction cup etc to a drawer, thinking that maybe someday in the far, far distant future it might show up again. But, knowing how much Max loves to bat things around, carry them to other parts of the house etc, my faith was not too great at that point. So, no more rainbows, no more visible reminders of said grad.

Imagine my delight when I opened the pantry a day or so ago, and lo, there was our lovely prism! So, it is now back up on our kitchen bay window, catching the sun, and ready to send forth more rainbows. And, hopefully I have affixed it in a such a way that Max will not be able to reach it, or to separate it from the cord that it is hanging on.

So, three cheers for the lost that was found! (And the never ending delights and unexpeted problems connected with living with a cat who loves to play with things)

2 comments:

Brad said...

Silly Max.

CKS said...

Ooooh! Hooray! I'm glad I checked your blog because now I feel famous, and illustrious and stuff. :-) Glad to know the prism was a successful gift! (I love them!)