Saturday, March 08, 2008

Of Snow, and Bradford Pear Trees and Things....

Really, spring is coming here, but this morning I looked out to see snow flurries! I know that those of you in the north are used to such things, but it was a little bit strange to see the white stuff come down. I am still thankful though...it was pretty to see, and it won't last! And, the Lord is in control of the weather, so if He chooses to send me snow, that is just what I need!

A big delight of the week was to watch the unfolding of the blossoms on the Bradford Pear Trees in this area. One of the unexpected pleasures I discovered the first spring after we moved down here was the Bradford Pear Trees. These huge trees are covered with white blossoms, and it is really impressive to see...one of the first signs that spring is really coming. And this week I watched the trees go from being bare, to one or two blossoms, to being filled with blossoms. A sure sign that winter is past. And, a reminder that "winter" always ends. Whatever "winter" experience I am going through, the Lord has "spring" at the end of it.

Other delights and thankfuls of the week past:
  • Time spent with our precious Aiden. And enjoying his smiles!
  • Having some lovely rain this week on several occasions. What a blessing it is to hear that rain come down.
  • Enjoying my Thursday mornings at work. 5 hours at a very low stress spot. PTL
  • Time to crochet. Very relaxing to sit and make afghan squares. I am thankful for a nice big project that I am currently working on.
  • Yet another visit to the dentist completed.
  • Fresh insights on the Lord's Prayer, thanks to Revive Our Hearts that I listen to via Podcast.

No comments: