Saturday, December 01, 2007

Of decorating, cookies, robberies and such...



This week I enjoyed decorating some for Christmas. This season is such a joy, celebrating the birth of my Saviour, and it is delight to me to be able to do things around my house to remind me of that first Christmas. Our olive wood nativity scene came from Jerusalem- thanks to Penny!
Other Thankfuls:
  • Baking Christmas cookies yesterday in anticipation of our annual Cookie Swap this afternoon.
  • Successfully finishing extra long hours at work this week.
  • Safety for us when the bank next to where I work was robbed on Thursday.
  • Rejoicing in the joy of my niece who is now officially courting! (And looking forward to her visit in a few weeks!)
  • Shopping with hubby.
  • Enjoying the breakfast burritos hubby made for dinner last evening.
  • Knowing that I can trust the Lord for wisdom. He promised to guide and instruct me, and I am so thankful. I need His direction daily, and am so thankful I can rely on Him. He is faithful.
  • Enjoying the progress of the house being built in back of us.
  • Pine scented candles.
  • Rain! Lovely, wonderful, rain.
  • JalapeƱo flavored Pringles.

1 comment:

drewey fern said...

Oy Vay! A bank robbery?! Now THAT will keep you from getting bored at work! In other news, I love your nativity set:)