Saturday, December 08, 2007

Of computers, turning 98 and other things...

I have decided that I am really very spoiled. We are a two computer family, which is a huge blessing that I am very grateful for. However, this week, my trusty laptop decided to go on strike. Sigh. My capable son - in -law is working on it, trying to convince it not to be on strike, but meanwhile, hubby and I have to SHARE! Thankfully, he is willing to let me use his some, so I am not totally lost. But, it is not quite like sitting in my comfy recliner with my own computer, set up the way I am used to!

In other things, I am thankful for:
  • My mother. She turned 98 this week, and I was able to contact her by phone 3 times on various days, which was a huge blessing to me, as she often does not hear her phone, or is away from it, sitting in her wheelchair.
  • My neice- who went to see her Grandma twice this week. What a blessing that was for Great Sweet Grandma to enjoy her great grandchildren.
  • Two days of work this week. I am very thankful for my work, even though it is high stress at times. And, I am very thankful that I am back to my normal schedule now of only one day of work a week!
  • Enjoying Christmas lights. A bonus of driving home after 10 at night- seeing all the lights still on! One place we pass by has a huge display of white lights that is breathtaking.
  • Having nearly all of my shopping for Christmas done. Always such an answer to prayer, having the funds, and having the ideas of what to do for who. Now, I must get busy and wrap.
  • Enjoying Christmas music. And being reminded over and over the real Reason we celebrate this season.

No comments: