Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving

Heading into the week of Thanksgiving finds me thankful for many things. As I reflect back to the first of the year, remembering the needs that I was then crying out to God to provide answers for, I am amazed at the ways He has answered. Some of the answers I have not enjoyed, some are not the answers I was looking for. Some of the answers go way beyond what I even had in mind when I was making the request. But the one constant thread weaving through the year, is the indisputable fact that my Heavenly Father is Good, He is in Control, and that He does everything just right.
My "list" for this Thanksgiving is now up to 50 things, and I am trusting to make it to 100 before Thursday. It really does help to right down specifics!
Thankfuls from this past week:
  • Being able to grill chicken outside in November...in bare feet...yes, I love Georgia in the fall!
  • Once again being grateful for my job, and that it is usually only one day a week, and that the occasional extra days help with extra things...like Christmas gifts! And things for grandsons... And pictures on the walls....
  • Looking forward to working 5 days this next week.
  • Anticipating a wonderful family Thanksgiving at our home.
  • Grocery shopping with hubby.
  • Enjoying shopping for Christmas gifts. Yes, it is early, but if I don't start early I won't get it done!
  • Finally having pictures on our walls! What an incredible blessing that is! And, what fun to look at pictures of places where we have been and enjoying the memories...Boothbay Harbor in Maine, Mount Rushmore, San Fransisco, Tybee Island...

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That just doesn't seem right to have bare-foot weather in the fall! I'll take my cold fall days if you'll let me borrow just a little of your sunshine. :-)