Saturday, January 20, 2007

Of leaks fixed, work hours, and low gas prices

I am thankful for:
  • Our leak is fixed! The walls are patched, and now I need to paint. Dilemma-do I just paint the small 2 foot square patch with the same boring blah color that is on the living room/dining room walls, or do I paint both rooms with a lovely light green. Course keep in mind the fact that there is an 11 foot ceiling in this BIG room, and that there is no way I could do this by myself. Hmm.....maybe I should invite all our Friends over for a painting party.......
  • My "normal" work hours have now been doubled. Instead of being on the schedule to work 5 hours a week, I am on for 10 hours a week! That is a step in the right direction.
  • Hubby bought gas for $1.99 earlier this week. Three cheers for lower gas prices! I even saw it down to $1.93 yesterday when I was out.
  • Hubby fixing dinner yesterday. He makes really yummy burritos!
  • The fun of trying new recipes. I have been so tired of the same old menus...so have challenged myself to try one new recipe a week. I am not sure how long this challenge will last, but am having fun for awhile anyway.
  • Sunshine after rain.
  • Remembering my heavenly Fathers many blessings. We were encouraged in church last Sunday to remember where He has met our needs. I was blessed by hearing where He had met others, and encouraged by remembering my "Ebeneezer's" of the past. And, finding out that He is still meeting our needs...such as getting water leaks fixed with minimal damage, getting more hours at work etc. And, bringing fresh courage and peace when it is needed.
  • Enjoying reading blogs.
  • Having a great time using my new stamping supplies. It is so much fun to create new cards, and to have some new stamps to work with. And, to have such a marvelous space to work in...I can leave projects part way done, and come back to them when I have time. Thank the Lord for alcove additions to bedrooms!!!

1 comment:

drewey fern said...

Oooo! I want to come paint! And thank you for this lovely post - it really was refreshing. I love you!