Saturday, January 27, 2007

Of bluebirds, pancakes and paint....

Praise the Lord for:
  • Seeing a bluebird this week. We don't get a big variety of birds in our yard, but one day last week I took a little extra time and looked closer at some of the birds that were flying around, and sitting on branches and fences. To my delight I spied a bluebird! (Lesson...take time to look around at the blessings the Lord has right there!)
  • Hubby's latest meal. Breakfast for dinner! He makes the best raisin, apple, pecan pancakes in the world! What a treat to come home from work to find that delicious meal waiting for me yesterday!
  • I had the fun of painting the patch on our living room wall. Looks much better now!
  • Finding out on Thursday that they needed me to work Friday, so I had an extra 5 hours of work this week.
  • Rose scented candles.
  • Remembering the life of one of the Lord's Worthy Women. Eunice Jewell was such a special lady.
  • The joy of hearing trains go by. I still love hearing the whistles, and the sounds the train makes going over the tracks. Nice to live close enough to hear them, but far enough away they are not a problem!
  • Knowing that my loving heavenly Father is in control, and that He orchestrates things perfectly.

2 comments:

Brad said...

Those pancakes sound good! I am glad he resisted the urge to add some corn...

Loreo said...

Hi, Aunt Pollyanna! Thanks so much for the cheerful card you made and sent us in celebration of our new house! That was the first piece of mail we got, and so much nicer than a bill!