Monday, November 03, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things....

For some reason I don't seem to be very faithful in my thankfuls using this method ( IE Blogging). Rest assured, I continue to be thankful. A few of my favorite things for today:
  • Purple fonts.
  • Planting pansies this morning, thus guaranteeing fresh vases of flowers in the house all winter long.
  • Planting some daffodil bulbs.
  • Taking myself out to lunch today (OK, it was a cheap hot dog/soda at Sam's but at least I took myself out to lunch.
  • Choosing not to be irritated up hearing Christmas music in the stores today. Hey, they are celebrating my Lord's birthday! Let the rejoicing begin!!!
  • Smiling when I saw gas prices of $1.97!!! Yes!!!
  • Beating my son at Scramble...but having him beat me at Scrabble.
  • A cat that likes to cuddle.
  • Peacefully trusting the Lord for the future of this country.
  • Having this Monday off work.
  • Pecan bars.
  • Roses.
  • Enjoying a good time change party at Dan and Pari's Saturday, and enjoying the fact that I could attend because someone at work offered to fill in for part of my day of work so that I could leave early. Which meant I only worked 6 1/2 hours instead of 12.
  • Wondering how I was going to lift 40 pounds of charcoal into my cart at Sam's and having two men come over to do it for me.
  • The lovely fall colors in the leaves in our neighborhood. There are several trees with a glorious rich deep red. So satisfying to see and enjoy.

No comments: