Saturday, August 25, 2007

Of Rain, Dentists and Stuff

Well, another week has gone by, I am enjoying the blessings of a Sabbath, and His many blessings of this past week. I am thankful for:
  • The lovely rain we had last night. I love the sound of rain.
  • Hubby finally got to a dentist this week. He and his troublesome tooth parted ways yesterday, so today he is basically horizontal as he recovers from the process. He is taking nourishment in the form of yogurt, and scrambled eggs and the like.
  • The course I needed to take for work on Thursday that I thought was going to take 2 hours only took 1/2 an hour - what a nice surprise. And, an added bonus, we were able to visit with my favorite son and his wife before it was time for hubby to drop me off at work.
  • The joy of ladies fellowship. We had our monthly women's Bible Study this week, and enjoyed the benefits of digging into His word, and spending time together.
  • The convenience of being able to renew books on line that we have checked out from the library.
  • Enjoying our roses.
  • Having an unexpected gift of a box of chocolates. Yum.
  • Knowing that the Lord has my mother in His Hands. And very thankful that Bob and Joy were able to spend some good time with her this week.
  • The joy of watching hummingbirds. I never get tired of watching those wonderful little birds fly around, drink from the feeder, try to get nectar from the roses, etc.

3 comments:

Booker said...

Any chance of getting pix of the hummingbirds?

Mrs. RF said...

I keep trying...part of the problem is the screen is in the way and shows up in the pictures.
I did take it out one day and took a few pictures, but they didn't come out that great. I will keep trying.

Lori said...

Just want you to know that I'm thrilled you get to buy baby boy clothes and are going to be a Grandma!! :D