Saturday, August 18, 2007

Baby clothes, Power outages and Other stuff.

Things that have made me happy and thankful this week:
  • Shopping for baby clothes for little boys. It was such a delight to find out this week that my little grandbaby is a boy...I had to run out to the local outlet mall, and do the typical Grandma thing. Great fun. And the fact that some of the clearance clothes were marked down even more made it all that more fun.
  • We had a "short" power outage this week of over an hour and a half. Made me so thankful for electricity, and the benefits of A/C. And, it also made me realize that my heavenly Father can still take care of me, even if for some reason there is a much longer power outage.
  • Having a date night with hubby last evening...and having the leftovers for breakfast this morning. Yum.
  • Only having to work one day this week. What a blessing. Course with an upcoming trip north next month I can use some extra hours, but they no doubt will crop up between now and then.
  • Meditating on parts of Psalm 16.
  • Becoming a night owl. Being the morning person that I am it sure seems strange to be wide awake and alert at midnight.
  • Having assurance from the Lord that He does not leave us alone, but is with us. And, that He is indeed with my mother at this stage of her life and will carry her safely through all her days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shopping for little boys are so much fun. Wait, shopping for any baby is lots of fun.
Hope all is well with you and Mr. Pass.