Saturday, May 16, 2009

Grateful heart

OK, no excuses about how long it has been...

My thankfuls for this week:
  • The feel of a warm, purring cat sitting on my lap.
  • The antics of said cat as he pounces out from behind furniture to play with/surprise us/attack us.
  • Successfully finishing a nearly 40 hour work week this week. And appreciating the Lord's grace and wisdom to help me take it one day at a time, and make it through some stressful days. All in once piece. And having to work only 5 days, not 6. I enjoyed having Wednesday off unexpectedly!
  • Hubby's thinking that since I was working so much this week, maybe we needed to go out to diner more often....which we did. Thanks hubby!
  • Enjoying watching some "baby" mockingbirds, and their very stressed out Mommy. They appeared to be bigger than she is because their feathers are all puffed out, and it was hilarious to watch these "babies" perched on the bird feeder squawking and with their mouths wide open, waiting for Mommy to feed them with the suet.
  • A Starbucks gift card. Ah, the anticipation of iced mocha lattes with raspberry flavor.
  • Playing Scrabble with my children...on Facebook. (and the fun of doing it via iTouch!!!)
  • Special Bible Verses that bring help/peace/comfort when needed.
  • Knowing my Lord loves me.

No comments: