Saturday, September 01, 2007

Sure signs of approaching fall

Yes, fall is approaching. Sure signs of that upcoming reality:

  • Outside temps are finally falling. Yes, it has cooled down to the 80's now.
  • Fall decorations are now seen in the stores.
  • Christmas things are in the stores. What??? Yes, indeed. Sigh. That is too early, even for me, the person that would start decorating mid-November except for hubby's rule...no Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving.
And, thanks be to the Lord for His blessings of the past week:
  • Rain! Lots of wonderful rain. I love the sound of rain falling on the roof our home.
  • Going on a "date" with hubby.
  • Having hubby feeling back to normal after his tooth removal of a week ago.
  • Taking myself out one day and enjoying an orange mocha frappachino. I enjoyed every drop of that delicious beverage.
  • Roses. Yes, I know, I say that a lot. But, the fact is, I really am so glad my heavenly Father created roses.
  • The care and support and prayers of my co-workers as they inquired about my mother and how she is doing.
  • The willingness of friends to spend some time with my mother and let us know how she is doing every day.
  • Music ....and my handy dandy little portable "thing" that lets me listen as I wander around the house or out to the mailbox or out working on the roses etc.

1 comment:

Booker said...

I think your hubby has a good rule there! :-D